|The Lake Winnipesaukee Association (LWA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting the water quality and natural resources of Lake Winnipesaukee and its watershed. Through monitoring, education, stewardship, and science-guided approaches for lake management, LWA works to ensure Winnipesaukee’s scenic beauty, wildlife habitat, water quality and recreational potential continues to provide enjoyment long into the future.|
Our programs and projects arise from a deep appreciation and love for the lake and its environment, and desire to keep it beautiful and clean for countless generations to come. Help us by making a donation today!
- Winnipesaukee Blue Crew
- Director of Development Position
- Request for Proposals & Qualifications for the Hydrologic Assessment of Reservoir Brook, Meredith, NH
- We have moved! Our new office location is 1934 Lakeshore Road, Unit 206, Gilford, NH. Our mailing address remains the same – P.O. Box 1624, Meredith, NH 03253
A Winnipesaukee Dozen Ways to Love the Lake
Help Keep Winni Blue – Put a Sock In It!
Bilge socks, which absorb the excess oil and gas, are an inexpensive way to prevent these substances from polluting our water.
Install a bilge sock into your engine’s compartment at the beginning of the boating season, and remove and dispose of it during the winterization process of your vessel. You can request your marina to do it, or do it yourself. You should check the bilge compartment on a regular basis to be sure the sock is properly secured.
- Use proper care when fueling your boat – do not top off your tank.
- Do not wash your boat in the lake – only at an approved wash station, or away from the lake.
- Use nontoxic, and chlorine and phosphate free cleaners.
- Use Pump Out Stations – it is illegal to discharge untreated sewage into the lake.
- Clean, drain, and dry your boat when trailering to help prevent the spread of invasive species from one waterbody to another.
Water Quality Data Available on line!
You can now access water quality data for Lake Winnipesaukee online! Check it out on the Winnipesaukee Gateway website: Winnipesaukee Gateway Monitoring Sites Map
It’s Winni Cool!
The Lake Winnipesaukee Association is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working to protect the water quality and natural resources of Lake Winnipesaukee
and its watershed now and for future generations.