The Lake Winnipesaukee Association (LWA) is a non-profit organization interested in preserving and protecting the natural resources of Lake Winnipesaukee and its watershed. The organization is comprised of staff and volunteer board members who are concerned citizens and professionals living and working in the watershed.
Our mission: “Working to protect the water quality and natural resources of Lake Winnipesaukee and its watershed now and for future generations.”
Since the Lake Winnipesaukee Association’s inception in the 1970’s, our nonprofit volunteer organization has been dedicated to serving area communities around the lake. We have worked to maintain and enhance our natural resources through education, technical assistance and community partnerships in the Lake Winnipesaukee watershed.
Ongoing activities include:
- Development and implementation of the Lake Winnipesaukee Watershed Management Plan
- Coordination of water quality monitoring and assistance to the UNH Lakes Lay Monitoring Program on Lake Winnipesaukee.
- Educational outreach through our Lakeside Learning Programs and events.
- Continued development and enhancement of the award winning ‘Winnipesaukee Gateway’ website
- Partnership building efforts providing opportunities to work with people having similar interests on projects to insure the continued enjoyment of all the lake’s offerings.
As a respected source of information and expertise, LWA concentrates on the specific problems of Lake Winnipesaukee. We promote active participation among groups and individuals to bridge economic, social, and environmental interests in the watershed. We join with other lake associations and organizations on issues of mutual concern to be effective on both a local and state-wide basis.