‘Keep Winnipesaukee Clean – Put a Sock in It!’
If you don’t use a bilge sock or pad in your boat, please purchase one at your local marina. It is an inexpensive way to keep excess oil and gas from contaminating the lake.
We greatly appreciate and recognize the following marinas who have agreed to add an option in their customer service agreements for boat owners to include the installation of bilge socks as a routine maintenance action in their boats. These marinas will install a sock or pad at the beginning of the boating season and remove and dispose of it at the end of the season.
- Irwin Marine
- Lane’s End
- Winnisquam Marine
- Goodhue and Hawkins Boat Yard
- Trexler’s Marina
- Paugus Bay Marina
Phosphorus Free Retailers
We recognize and appreciate the following retailers for participating in our phosphate free fertilizer campaign. While phosphorus may be beneficial for plant growth, it is harmful to our lakes and streams. Just as it fertilizes plants and lawns, it also fertilizes the lake, promoting algal, plant, and cyanobacteria growth. Visit these retailers to pickup your lake friendly landscaping supplies!
- Alton Home & Garden Center
- Alton True Value & Country Supply
- Aubuchon Hardware (Alton)
- Aubuchon Hardware (Meredith)
- Aubuchon Hardware (Moultonborough)
- Bradley's Hardware (Wolfeboro)
- E.M. Heath Hardware (Center Harbor)
- Gilford True Value Hardware
- Heath's Ace Hardware (Laconia)
- Moulton Farm (Meredith)
- Osborne's Agway Winnisquam (Belmont)
- Spider Web Gardens (Tuftonboro)
- Tractor Supply Co. (Gilford)